Axiomtek announced the release of a digital signage media player that boasts the ability to keep out water and dust. The device also comes complete with a 46-inch touchscreen display with 4000:1 contrast ration. This commercial display is all-in-one, complete with the touchscreen and media player hardware.
The company announced the player would work best in some outdoor or quasi-outdoor applications including the following list of locales or signage and self-service kiosks:
- trains stations and subway stations
- Retail stores
- Financial service centers (or what we might call a bank)
- Education centers
- Any any other listed application generally found on any other electronic signage website.
Intel Celeron or Core 2 Duo processors are optional and up to 8 GB of DDR3 RAM. The CPU is removable, much like any standard all-in-one unit of its kind. Two audio speakers with five watt amplifiers.
Axiomtek’s 46-inch DSH-142 (that’s what the company is calling the device) is designed with the following detailed specs:
- Processor — 2.0GHz Intel Celeron M 575, or 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T9400
- Chipset — GM45
- Memory — up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM via two SODIMM slots
- 46-inch screen
- 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution
- 4000:1 contrast ratio
- 450-nit brightness rating
- Optional infrared touchscreen
- Optional motion detection
- Storage — 1 x 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drive
- Expansion — Mini PCI Express slot
- Networking — gigabit Ethernet
- Other I/O:
- 4 x USB 2.0
- 1 x VGA or DVI
- Other features — VESA FPMPMI compliant flat-panel mount
- Power requirements — 100 to 240VAC; 450 Watts
- Operating temperature — 32 to 140 deg. F (0 to 40 deg. C)
- Dimensions — 42.9 x 25 x 4.8 inches
- Weight — 96.1 pounds (43.7kg)
Details on pricing were not released (are they ever), but we at Deploid have been looking into options here for getting our hands on a few of these for resell with a number of applications for software etc.